Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Quick Ottotest Update

Well, I haven't had a lot of time to play with my new tool. I started using it on my own 2001 Dodge Durango 4.7L. The first feature I tried was the DTC health check. This is where it searches all the modules and reports if there are any codes. Well it initiated and then the screen went to "error". I tried again and the same result. Another feature I tried was Mode 6 which I use quite a bit. The Ottotest started to populate Mode 6 and then stopped and said test was aborted. I tried again and same result. I was a little disappointed to say the least. Another item I noticed was there was no 4wd control module access on the scanner for my vehicle. I prompted the Ottotest to start communication with the ABS control module. I wanted to graph my wheel speed sensors. I am a big graph guy and the Ottotest has great graphing capabilities. Unfortunately, graphing on the Ottotest seems to be limited to the powertrain module only. I decided to update my Ottotest on line. The update went flawlessly and after the update I was able to get Mode 6 data on my vehicle. All the other issues remained. I left feedback on these issues on the bulletin board Ottotest provides. Let's hope they rectify these issues. I have faith that they will. I think I will start to incorporate the Ottotest in my testing now that I have a little time with it. I will keep you posted.